Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Best Almond Biscotti With Lemon


This almond lemon biscotti recipe is a go to in my kitchen.

For a while, I had a biscotti every single morning with my iced coffee after the gym. I finally decided I had to get rid of that habit and quit making them for a while.

I’m hoping I won’t get as addicted to them as I did before. In the fall and winter, I like to mix up the recipe with cinnamon for a stronger flavor…perfect for chilly morning – though I still drink it with my iced coffee.

One thing I learned from making these lemon almond biscotti so frequently was to use a serrated/bread knife to cut the almonds.

Most other knives won’t work well, but the teeth on these knives do the trick. Then use it again to cut the biscotti ‘bread’ into cookies!

Ingredients:


  • 2 Cups flour
  • 3/4 Cup cornmeal
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 Cup sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 3 Tablespoons lemon zest
  • 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
  • 3/4 Cup coarsely chopped almonds

Instructions:


  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
  2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large measuring cup or bowl, mix together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt.
  3. In stand mixer, or large bowl, beat sugar and eggs until pale yellow. Mix in lemon zest and almond extract. Add in flour. Mix until just blended (dough will be sticky). Stir in almonds. Let dough rest for five minutes.
  4. Divide the dough in half. With wet palms (just run under faucet), shape dough into two flat "logs" - about 1" high.
  5. Bake for 35 minutes until lightly browned. Cool for five minutes.
  6. Get full recipe==>>lucismorsels.com