Monday, June 11, 2018

Healthy Baked Chicken Parmesan


Thin chicken cutlets dredged in tasty breadcrumbs, smothered in sauce and cheese, and baked to perfection. This is the most delicious healthy chicken parmesan recipe.

It doesn’t get any more Italian-American than a delicious chicken parmesan recipe. Mama Mia! YUM! I’ve been making this simple recipe for YEARS and had every intention to share it YEARS ago but for some reason every time I made it I either screwed it up, kids were screaming for it, or I forgot to take pictures. You think my kiddos would know by now that I need to photograph all food prior to it being consumed. Umm, hello?

Also, I never had a recipe for my chicken parmesan. I just dipped in breadcrumbs, slathered it with sauce and cheese, and then threw it in the oven. Easy. Well my chicken parmesan is da bomb (yup I say that) and since want to share this recipe I decided to pay attention and take notes while I made my chicken parmesan last week. I suggest a glass of red dry wine with this. Not that I drink wine during the day…well sometimes…but only on Sundays 🙂

Let’s get right to the recipe. I think you will be very happy to see this is a very easy recipe.

Ingredients:


  • ½ cup unseasoned wholegrain breadcrumbs
  • 2 tablespoons grated parmesan (or romano) cheese
  • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
  • ½ teaspoon onion powder
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ½ teaspoon ground pepper
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2lbs chicken cutlets
  • ¾ cup sauce
  • ¾ cup mozzarella cheese

Instructions:


  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. In a medium bowl mix together the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, granulated garlic, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
  3. Get full recipe==>>organizeyourselfskinny.com