Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Smoky Cannellini Bean Nourish Bowls


These Smoky Cannellini Bean Nourish Bowls are just too flipping good! See, I have this tendency to eat a lot of carbs. I dunno, I just like bread. I actually don’t eat a whole lot of pasta – bread is my weakness.

And don’t get me wrong, I’m not suggesting that there is anything wrong with eating bread (it is, in fact, LIFE). But sometimes, I’m like, okay, I probably need to eat some other food groups now. Do you get me? I love love love fruits and veggies – SO much – but often I just reach for bread for ease. Okay, now it kinda sounds like all I ever eat is bread – err, not so. Just sometimes I eat more than would perhaps be recommended.

Ingredients:


  • 2-3 ramiro peppers
  • 1 red onion
  • 1 can cannellini beans rinsed and drained
  • 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
  • 300 g (10 oz) cherry tomatoes halved
  • 2 handfuls salad greens
  • 2 eggs

For the dressing

  • 1 tablespoon parsley finely chopped
  • 1 clove garlic crushed or finely grated
  • 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 3 tablespoons rapeseed or olive oil

Instructions:


  1. Preheat oven to 200C/400F. Slice the peppers and the red onion. Place on a baking sheet and toss with a drizzle of oil and a pinch of salt. Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes, tossing halfway through the cooking time, until soft and golden.
  2. Heat 1 tablespoon rapeseed or olive oil in a frying pan set over medium-high heat. Add the drained cannellini beans and season well with salt and pepper. Cook for about 10 minutes, shaking the pan frequently, until the beans have turned crispy and golden. Season with 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika at the end of the cooking time.
  3. Get full recipe==>>eatloveeats.com