Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Doughnuts from Refrigerated Biscuits (Four Ingredients!)


Before this, the thought of making my own donuts seemed really complicated and time intensive. Occasionally, I’d see a recipe that gets me excited to give it a shot, but then it requires a special donut pan or something. I’m not really looking to inve$t in all that.

These donuts made from store-bought refrigerated biscuit dough are your and my ticket to fresh donuts from home anytime. (Here is a recipe for making boston creme doughnuts this way too!) We didn’t throw away the donut-centers, but instead made donut holes. Yum x2.

Ingredients:


  • 1 tube refrigerated biscuit dough
  • 6 tablespoons butter, melted
  • ½ cup cinnamon sugar
  • Vegetable oil

Instructions:


  1. Pour a ½ inch deep of vegetable oil into a large skillet and bring to medium heat.
  2. Cut holes in center of biscuits. A small cookie cutter would be perfect, but I make do with something like an orange juice cap.
  3. Cook doughnuts in oil for 1-2 minutes on each side.
  4. Get full recipe==>>rachelschultz.com