Sunday, June 10, 2018

Easy Cilantro Lime Rice


I have been making this CILANTRO LIME RICE for about a million years. 😉 It’s just like the one from Cafe Rio and we absolutely love it. It is my go-to rice recipe, besides our beloved Mexican Rice, that I make any time we’re whipping up some Mexican food. Especially, on taco night. Kallen’s been on an anti-taco kick lately. I don’t know what’s come over my son but he despises them. It hurts my taco-loving heart, truly. So to make him happy I make him this rice. He totally loves it and will go to town on it!

I love all the flavors in this rice. It has all the right amounts and hints of cilantro and lime. Yum! We’ll pile this inside our burritos and love to serve it in salads too. It really is delicious and kid-approved. Just fyi- I put extra cilantro on for the picture, but normally I just add the amount listed in the recipe and mix it in good. Thay way I don’t have my kids picking out ‘the green things’ the whole time. Ha!

Ingredients:


  • 1 cup long grain white rice
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
  • 1 teaspoon lime zest
  • 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro

Instructions:


  1. Combine the rice, chicken broth, salt and ground cumin in a large saucepan or skillet. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover with lid then reduce heat to medium-low. Let simmer 20 minutes.
  2. Remove from heat, but keep lid on. Let stand with lid on for 10 minutes. Remove lid and add in lime juice, zest and chopped cilantro.
  3. Get full recipe==>>life-in-the-lofthouse.com