Friday, June 29, 2018

Vegan Avocado Fudge


I couldn’t give you just one healthified Valentines day recipe this week – I had to give you TWO! I know I said the vegan chocolate raspberry coconut cups were my new favorite dessert, but now I am very conflicted….because vegan avocado fudge! Yes, you read that right. Avocado fudge. Swoon. So creamy + fudgey + chocolatey + rich. I am obsessed with this stuff.

Avocado is natures butter. If I handed you this fudge – you would never guess avocado is in it. Seriously. It’s there in place of butter & is a beautiful healthy fat (aka less guilt!). Win win. The texture is silky smooth and oh so addicting.

Another bonus with this recipe? You keep the fudge in the freezer so whenever you have a craving for something sweet & chocolatey – it’s readily available. This is both super convenient & very scary (because I could easily eat it all in one sitting!).

Ingredients:


  • 1 1 /2 cup vegan chocolate chips (or any if not vegan)
  • ⅔ cup coconut cream (see notes)
  • ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
  • ¾ cup coconut sugar
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • ½ tsp sea salt
  • 2 large avocados
  • ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Instructions:


  1. Line a 6x6 or comparable size pan with parchment paper (so the fudge doesn't stick).
  2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat add your chocolate chips, coconut cream, unsweetened cocoa, coconut sugar, vanilla and sea salt. Stir frequently until all is melted, silly and smooth. Set aside.
  3. In a food processor or blender, add your avocados and blend until completely. Add in your chocolate sauce and again blend until smooth (have a little taste test!).
  4. Get full recipe==>>nutritionalfoodie.com