Friday, June 29, 2018

Best Ever Vegan Sweet Potato Nachos


It’s the new year & most of us are trying to eat a little healthier and sneak in more greens. If you’re anything like me its hard to cut back on carbs (seriously I love them too much). So when I was craving nachos I began to brainstorm how I could healthify them so I can eat them without guilt (& a tummy ache). Ding ding ding – use sliced sweet potatoes instead of tortilla chips. One bite in & I knew this was a magical recipe.

The topping choices are truly endless. The ones I chose are all optional (but insanely delicious). Except for the cheese sauce. That is NOT optional my friends. Trust me, you need to slather that on top. You will not regret it.

Best ever vegan sweet potato nachos! Simple to make, healthy, perfectly filling & so yum. These are perfect for an easy dinner or appetizer!

Ingredients:


  • 2 sweet potatoes
  • 1 Tbsp olive oil
  • S&P to taste
  • Batch oflife changing vegan cheese sauce (or cheese of your choice)
  • ⅓ cup black beans
  • ¼ cup salsa
  • 2 Tbsp chopped red onion (cut into tiny pieces)
  • 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
  • 1 avocado (cut into small cubes)
  • Sliced jalepeno (optional)
  • lime (for squeezing on top)

Instructions:


  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
  2. Slice potatoes into ¼ inch rounds. Place potatoes on baking sheet and drizzle olive oil on top. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
  3. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
  4. Get full recipe==>>nutritionalfoodie.com